Why Do I Need a Lawyer

Whether you have been charged with a minor police matter such as a traffic offence, or you are facing a serious criminal offence, a lawyer is able to assist you in dealing with these matters.

If you have been charged with an offence, you have the right to remain silent. You are not obliged to answer any questions other than giving your name and address.

The atmosphere of the police station can be intimidating and you may feel confused. That is why, if you are arrested or charged, you should contact a trained criminal lawyer immediately – before you speak with the police.

We can also be present at police interviews with you.

Let Michelle and Amy help you with your police and criminal matters today.

Let Michelle and Amy help you with your police and criminal matters today.


When a Court hands down a penalty, a conviction for that offence will generally be recorded against your name.
Convictions can sometimes affect your future employment, your ability to travel overseas and/or your ability to obtain certain licences.
A Court, in certain circumstances, can deal with your matter without a conviction, if there is a good reason. Getting the proper advice on this issue is extremely important if an application is to be made for no conviction.

Know Your Rights

If you are approached and questioned by the police, it is important that you know your rights.

It is important that you remain cooperative and polite with police, but we recommend that you exercise your right to remain silent until you have received legal advice. However, there are some questions that you are required by law to answer, otherwise you will be charged with further offences. The information that you are lawfully required to provide to police is:

- Your full name

- Your address

- If the police inquiry relates to a motor vehicle, then it may be necessary for you to provide the name of the person driving the motor vehicle at the date and time nominated by police.
To other questions, simply reply, “I exercise my right to remain silent until I receive legal advice”.